Man dies after altercation in Deerfield

DEERFIELD – Michigan State Police have identified 33-year old Nathan Vance of Adrian as the person who died after he and another man got into a fight at the Deer Run Apartment Complex in East River Street in the village of Deerfield Tuesday afternoon.
According to a press release issued Friday afternoon from F/Lt. Tony Cuevas of the Michigan state Police the incident that occurred at approximately 12:15 p.m. Tuesday began as a verbal disagreement due to the relationship both man had with a female subject who lives in the apartments. The verbal disagreement reportedly led to a physical altercation in the complex parking lot.
The press release said Vance allegedly received several punches to the head and body which resulted in him losing consciousness. The other combatant, a 44-year-old man from Toledo, Ohio, allegedly suffered minor injuries during the fight.
Vance stopped breathing on the scene, was resuscitated by paramedics and transported by ambulance to ProMedica Bixby Hospital in Adrian. Cuevas said, due to the severity of his injuries, he was transported by helicopter to ProMedica Toledo Hospital, where he later died.
The investigation is still-ongoing pending autopsy and witness interviews. When complete, a report will be submitted to the Lenawee County Prosecutor’s Office for review.
Anyone having information about this incident is urged to contact Trooper Bill Strouse Jr. of the Monroe Post at 734-242-3500.
Troopers from the Monroe Post were assisted by deputies from the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office, Deerfield Fire Department and Lenawee Community Ambulance Service.

DEERFIELD – A man has died as a result of an alleged physical altercation between himself and another individual Tuesday in the village of Deerfield. The Michigan State Police along with Lenawee County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the area of the Deer Run Apartments on East River Street at approximately 12:20 p.m. Sept. 22 to a report of a man who was down on the ground. The man was taken to the hospital. It is unknown at this time when he did die.
Lt. Tony Cuevas said Friday afternoon he was waiting for some additional investigative information before issuing a press release which he expects to do sometime this afternoon. The man has not been identified. The Deerfield Township Fire Department was also dispatched to the scene.