PROMEDICA HEALTH SYSTEMS UPDATE – News release
ADRIAN, MI-ProMedica Health Systems will continue to take steps to keep the residents of Lenawee County updated on their local hospital.
The State of Michigan has launched a new hotline to answer health related questions seven days a week from 8 am to 5 pm by calling 1-888-535-6136 or by e-mailing COVID19@michigan.gov24/7. Staff cannot provide individual clinical advice through the hotline.
Following the CDC guidelines, all non-essential testing and non-essential ambulatory services will be limited to minimize the risk for our patients, staff, and the community. Ambulatory surgery will be limited to:
- Emergencies-threat to patient life
- Threat of permanent dysfunction
- Risk of metastasis
- Rapidly worsening symptoms Visitors in Hospitals/Healthcare Facilities
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued an Executive Order that restricts visitors in healthcare facilities, including hospitals. Effective immediately, all healthcare facilities and residential care facilities must prohibit any visitors, with the following exceptions:
- Visitors necessary for the provision of medical care for a patient.
- Visitors who support of activities of daily living for a patient.
- Visitors who must exercise of power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship for a patient.
- Parents, foster parents or guardians of patients who are 21 years of age or under.
- Visitors to a patient who is in serious or critical condition or in hospice care.
- Those who are visiting under exigent circumstances.
- Visitors performing official governmental functions